The Benefit Bigger Than BB Big Easy is by far my favourite beauty product right now and I have been using it every single day since I first tried it out which was in at the beginning of December last year...
I actually first heard about it from Huda aka @HudaBeauty on Instagram and saw her use it on YouTube several months ago and I was really interested to try it out since it gave her such a flawless base and looked like skin on her.
I am amazed by this BB cream and definitely think it is something you need to try! It looks amazing on the skin and feels so light yet it covers everything. I have been loving Benefit for their cheek tints and highlighters in the past so I was so happy to try this too.
As you can see in the picture on the left, it covered my skin really well and gave me a beautiful matte powder finish.
What Benefit say on their website, "BIGGER than BB! Why? Two reasons. First, big easy balances moisture & controls oil. Second, the cushiony liquid - to - powder formula melts in like a cream, yet finishes lightweight & velvety like a powder.
This multi-balancing complexion perfector gives light-to-medium natural coverage to even out skin tone and conceal imperfections. Even better, it contains ingredients known to soothe & comfort the skin and help fight free radicals. One & done… Big Easy saves the day!"
Details - 35.0 mL / 1.18 US fl. oz.
Price - £27.50
As you may or may not know already, I have Oily/Combination skin depending on the season so I had high hopes for this after I read that it gave a velvety powder finish and I was not disappointed! It really does give the perfect matte finish and it lasted quite a while without the oils on my skin peeking through which usually happens after 2-3 hours.
It was incredibly easy to apply, I used my fingers on some days and a stippling brush on others and it went on well both ways. I wouldn't recommend using a buffing brush as I found a lot of product gets wasted. The formula feels like a thick creamy gel but blends out super smoothly leaving behind a soft velvet finish to the skin. I didn't even need to powder my skin when using this except after applying concealer to set my under eyes!
Since this doesn't give a dewy finish so if you prefer a glow, I would recommend you apply a highlighter afterwards along with blush etc. to give colour back to the skin.
I sometimes forget that this is a BB cream as I've found it hard in the past to find a really good BB cream/CC cream that really works without leaving the face shiny or blotchy and has good skincare benefits as well. It's great for everyday as it's super fast to apply and covers all the beauty bases I need in a BB cream / foundation.
To make it full coverage I apply Kryolan Paint Stick in a lighter shade on the centre of my face and then apply this on top and blend it all really well, my face stays matte but I get full coverage.
- Balanced the moisture on the face & controlled excess oil.
- Although it applied a little dark at first on my skin, I did feel it blended in well on the skin. So it does colour adapt like Benefit claims it does.
- Perfected the skin & even out all my blemishes.
- Liquid Gel to Powder finish.
- Protects the skin with an SPF of 35 to help prevent aging making it an ideal everyday product.
- It photographs well, I didn't find any flashback with this whatsoever.
- Love the tube packaging, as it's easy to keep in my makeup bag or travel with.
- Only 6 Shades with my shade being the darkest at Deep Beige, although when I repurchase I will get Beige instead.
- Pricey considering it's a Mid Range brand as opposed to a High End Brand although I've seen ASOS.com and FeelUnique.com sell it for around £22.50 - £25.
- A little does not go a long way unfortunately... It is pigmented and covers well but I've been using it everyday for a month and I've gone through almost 1/3 of the tube so I think it'll last me just about 3 months.
- I do not recommend this for Dry skin as it won't sit well on the skin and may emphasise dry areas.
So that's the end of my review of the Benefit BIG EASY Complexion Perfector, I hope it's helpful for those of you looking to buy the Big Easy. Let me know what you think of it if you've tried it or if you have any additional questions, just leave them in the comments below or on Instagram/Twitter (@FoqiyaFoxInayat.)
Hi Lovelies, I'm Fox...
And I'm a 26 Year old Human Biologist with over 6 years experience in the Beauty Industry.
Olive Skin with a Yellow undertone. Skin Type - Oily to Oily/Dehydrated.
My Foundation Shades in the following brands -
Star - 031
Forever - Sand 031
Velvet - 30 Beige
Matte - 30 Beige
Le Teint Ultra Tenue - 40 Beige
Total Control Drop Foundation - 08
Sheer Matte - Punjab/Stromboli
Sheer Glow - Punjab/Stromboli
All Day Luminous - Punjab
Velvet Matte Skin Tint - St Moritz
Sensual Skin Enhancer - SX06
Skin Base - SB8/9
Tinted Oil Free Moisturiser - Bisque
Big Easy Complexion Perfector - Beige
Teint Idole Ultra Wear - 049
MUFE HD - 127
MUFE ULTRA HD -
MUFE ULTRA HD Invisible Cover Stick -
Double Wear SIP - Rattan/Tawny
Double Wear Light - 3.0
Double Wear Maximum Cover - Rattan/Tawny
DayWear BB - Light Medium
Studio Fix Fluid - NC30
Studio Skin - 2.3
Traceless Perfecting - Bare Beige/Bisque 04
Traceless Stick - Bisque
Perfect Matte Touch - AMBER
Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick - BUFF
* Product recommendations by me are based on my own experiences and clients of mine. Please note, what works for me, may not work always for you. *
Some products are occasionally sent or sponsored for reviewing purposes.
This will always be stated in the specific blog written piece.
All posts are written honestly and with integrity by the Author.
The Photography is subject to copyright.